This site may contain affiliate links from which we may earn commission. This helps us keep this site free and with running costs. Thank you for your support and understanding.
1. Engulfing candles can provide an indication of potential trend reversals, trend continuations and entry and exit signals.
2. A bullish engulfing candle may open at or lower than the previous bearish candle’s closing price.
– A bullish engulfing candle closes higher than the previous bearish candle’s open price.
– The body of the bullish engulfing candle “engulfs” the previous bearish candle.
3. A bearish engulfing candle may open at or higher than the previous bullish candle’s closing price.
– A bearish engulfing candle closes lower than the previous bullish candle’s open price.
– The body of the bearish engulfing candle “engulfs” the previous bullish candle.
4. Engulfing candlestick patterns can be very accurate in providing indications. however, they are not 100% reliable.
5. Therefore, when using engulfing candlestick patterns in a strategy, it’s important to add some more confluence rules to increase your success rate.