This site may contain affiliate links from which we may earn commission. This helps us keep this site free and with running costs. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- The pin bar candlestick is a potential trend-reversal pattern
- It has a small body with a long tail (wick)
- The pin bar looks like the appearance of a “pin”.
- A bullish pin bar will have the body on the upper part of the bar with a long tail or “wick” below it.
- A bearish pin will have the body on the lower part of the bar with a long tail or “wick” above it.
- If the chart has red and green colours to show candles, a bullish pin bar can be red or green and the bearish pin can also be red and green.